Body odour, bad breath & excessive sweating voted the top three dating turn-offs. Bad breath (halitosis) tops the list of pre-date worries for Brits with over half (59%) worrying about it before a date, reveals new research by CB12. Adults in the UK are more concerned about the freshness of their breath before a date than their choice of outfit (52%), looking fat (45%) and body odour (43%).
Bad breath (halitosis) tops the list of pre-date worries for Brits with over half (59%) worrying about it before a date, reveals new research by CB12. Adults in the UK are more concerned about the freshness of their breath before a date than their choice of outfit (52%), looking fat (45%) and body odour (43%).
It's not surprising that so many people worry about their breath before a date as three quarters (75%) say they would be put off from dating someone again if they had bad breath. Body odour (86%) tops the list for dating turn-offs, followed by bad breath (75%), excessive sweating (58%) and bad teeth (58%).
James Preece, a top UK dating expert comments: 'It's completely natural for people to get predates nerves, especially on a first date when first impressions are so important. Bad breath is clearly causing a huge amount of angst amongst daters, yet thankfully there are products out there such as CB12 which can help. Confidence is key when it comes to dating as when people ooze confidence they appear more attractive to others - addressing pre-dates concerns boosts chances of having a fantastic date."
There are a number of factors which can contribute to pre-dates nerves, however bad breath doesn't need to be one of them as it can be easily treated. CB12 is a long lasting mouth rinse which is proven to neutralise and prevent bad breath reoccurring for 12 hours. Naturally occurring bacteria in the mouth is essential for good health, it is the malodorous volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs) gases that are released when the bacteria breaks down food particles that emit bad breath. Therefore, when treating bad breath, it is important to use a product such as CB12 that impacts on the gases.
James Preece's top five dating tips:
1. Friday afternoon is the best time of the week to message when online dating. People are winding down at work, looking forward to the weekend and are looking for a distraction and possibly a date over the weekend.
2. If you want to attract and date a "10," you've got to become a "10" yourself. This needs to be in every way - mentally & physically. So always dress to impress and never stop looking at ways to improve and enrich your life.
3. Mint can really enhance a kiss as the cooling sensation when air hits your mouth is a fantastic feeling. This can make it more memorable and give you more chance of getting another!
4. Kissing involves three senses at once -- touch, taste and smell. So if you don't have fresh breath you'll spoil it for both of you. Before your date, make sure your breath is fresh by using a mouth rinse such as CB12, so you can be confident you'll have fresh breath throughout your date and especially for your first kiss!
5. A smile shows empathy and showing your teeth is a primitive display that you are not a threat. So if a person gives someone a genuine warm smile it shows they are interested and comfortable talking to them. Studies have shown that teeth don't need to be overly white to be considered attractive, just clean and natural looking. If you have bad teeth or bad breath then it suggests you are lazy and don't care about your appearance, so definitely work on this if necessary.