Specialist information for healthcare professionals
Introducing CB12 safe breath rinse and boost gum
Developed by dentists, CB12 rinse is a patented mouthwash that offers a lasting solution to bad breath.1 Unlike many oral hygiene products, it doesn't just mask bad breath - CB12's clinically proven formulation neutralises and prevents the cause of the problem for up to 12 hours with just one use.1
The active ingredients in CB12 - Zinc acetate and Chlorhexidine diacetate - neutralise the volatile sulphurous compound (VSC) gases that cause bad breath.1-2
- Clinically proven: more effective against bad breath than 18 leading mouthwashes2-3
- Unique patented formulation: neutralises the sulphurous gases that cause bad breath1-2
- 12 hour effect from the first use: adheres to mouth surfaces for lasting results1
- Contains fluoride: to protect teeth from decay
Register for Free samples
New CB12 boost gum
- Superior and unique triple action formula with zinc, fluoride and xylitol
- Prevents bad breath, strengthens teeth and reduces plaque for customers who prefer gum to mouth rinse
Causes of bad breath
The most common form of bad breath is 'endogenous' i.e. cause by factors within the oral cavity such as gingivitis, while exogenous bad breath is a result of external factors such as ororous foods eg garlic.
Endogenous bad breath usually results from bacteria in the mouth breaking down food into volatile sulphur compound (VSC) gases, Some low carbohydrate and 'crash diets' may also increase bad breath, due to the production of ketones as a result of the body breaking down fat.
Other causes of bad breath can include , gingivititsperiodontis, stress, dry mouth and infections eg lungs, throat or nose, bronchitis, sinusitis, diabetes, liver or kidney problems and gastritis Certain drugs can also have side effects that cause bad breath.4
Scientifically proven to work
Available in 50ml, 250ml and 1L bottles, CB12 rinse has been developed by dentists according to rigorous scientific methods. CB12 rinse's combination of Zinc acetate and Chlorhexidine diacetate is proven to have a 'synergistic' effect - working together to provide a long-lasting neutralising effect on bad breath.3,5
- Rigorously tested: in clinical studies using gas chromatography breath analysis, organoleptic testing and a specially developed halimeter
- Clinically proven: more effective against bad breath than 18 leading UK and European mouthwashes2-3
- Patented formulation: the first of its kind to neutralise all three of the VSCs (volatile sulphur compounds) that cause bad breath6
- Zinc acetate works in synergy with Chlorhexidine diacatate to effectively neutralise bad breath-causing sulphur compounds3,5
- Chlorhexidine diacetate breaks down even complex VSC gases, and adheres to mouth surfaces for a 12-hour lasting effect1,5
CB12 boost chewing gum
Chewing gum containing zinc is able to reduce and inhibit the formation of VSCs (hydrogen sulphide, metyl mercaptan and dimethyl sulphide) in the oral cavity, resulting in fresher breath.
CB12 uses Zinc Acetate for releasing free ZN2+ in aqueous solution after it was proved to be the most suitable source of zinc, other forms of zinc eg gluconate, citrate, and amino acid chelate, proving less suitable. Because Zinc has an affinity for sulhur and oxidzes suflhydryl groups, the zinc ions are effective against halitosis, releasing from the chewing gum to form stable mercaptides with VSCs.
Download your professionals pack
- Consumer leaflet
- Healthcare professional leaflet
- Frequently asked questions
- In-store poster
- Thrane PS, et al, Dental Health 2009; 48(3):8-12.
- Thrane PS, et al, J Clin Dent 2007; 18(3):82-87.
- Thrane PS, et al, Dental Health 2010; 49(1):6-10.
- Young A, et al, International Dental Journal 2003; 53:237-242.
- NHS Choices website: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bad-breath/pages/introduction.aspx (Accessed October 2012).
- ICM Market Research conducted amongst 2024 consumers, August 2012.